May

robots for babies

Post from Jeffrey Winters:

Last year, Sunil K. Agrawal of the University of Delaware wrote an article for the magazine about his work building robots that help infants with mobility issues—specifically cerebral palsy—learn to move around and explore their world independently (see “Robots for Infants,” March 2011). The robots built by Agrawal and his colleague, Cole Galloway, were featured by the National Science Foundation at the annual USA Science & Engineering Festival at the Washington Convention Center this past weekend—ASME was there too, with its well-traveled “Heroes of Engineering” exhibit.

The University of Delaware recently produced a short video about Agrawal and Galloway’s work. Although it certainly doesn’t go into as much detail about the status and prospects of the project, it is almost infinitely cuter.

10 Responses to “robots for babies”

1. July 27, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site.
    I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog
    posts from you later on as well. In fact, your creative
    writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now 😉

2. May 27, 2015 at 10:50 pm

click here for the greatest tide movement motors anywhere

3. June 14, 2015 at 4:10 am

Craig Ballantyne of Turbulence Training – the program I utilize
    every week and that helped me to shed 26 pounds – is a fan as an example.

4. July 15, 2015 at 1:52 pm

In youngsters, nasal blockage due to polyps is commonly
    compensated with mouth breathing.

5. July 17, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Fantastic blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any ideas? Many thanks!

6. July 17, 2015 at 9:30 pm

If you would like to grow your knowledge only keep visiting this web site and be updated with
    the newest information posted here.

7. July 18, 2015 at 2:25 am

Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant opinion, article is nice, thats why i have read it completely

8. July 18, 2015 at 11:42 am

I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy that I found this in my search for something relating to this.

9. July 21, 2015 at 4:25 am

I think this is one of the such a lot significant info for me.

And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some common things, The website
    taste is ideal, the articles is truly great : D.
    Just right process, cheers

10. September 25, 2015 at 3:52 pm

s why all these niches for information products are opening
    up. Depending upon your marketing strategy, you will be able to earn money right from
    day one. Although becoming disabled can sometimes cause emotional roller coasters of feeling up and then down, being
    able to contribute in some way can sometimes take
    the feeling of helplessness away.