Jan

Engineering for Change

ASME’s ambitious Engineering for Change (E4C) initiative went live today at www.engineeringforchange.org.

The site is a forum intended to “connect, collaborate, solve challenges and share knowledge among a growing community of engineers, technologists, social scientists, NGOs, local governments and community advocates, who are dedicated to improving the quality of life all over the world.

Click here for an early review of the site.

59 Responses to “Engineering for Change”

1. 1 Kate Ingle
    January 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Hello John,

I just may have to submit something for your project crowdsourcing since I now know the editor!!

How have you been? I’m getting great again, and working in renewables both solar and wind in PA for now.

I’ve joined Raj Marchanda’s Strategic Planning Committee Taskforce on Energy Storage and hope to be doing a session in August at the Sustainability conference. I am beginning to make plans with some old T&S members to attend Nate Hurt’s surprise 90th bday party in June. So I’m back on the planet and in the game again.

Hope you are well and maybe I’ll run into some time.
    Kate Ingle

2. February 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Engineering for change is a great initiative by American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Improving the quality of life must be the very first focus of tall the engineers across the globe. Using the technology in a true +ve sense can make this world a heavenly place to live in.

3. July 7, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Marketing using social media helps businesses to construct
    a significant online presence. Eventually and as we all know: The Yellow Pages may still be around but they were effectively replaced in large degree by the Internet when it comes
    to finding people and businesses. binary domain is a perfect game that need you have a try.
    So, you will have to invest some time into actually building the network.
    Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter have become instrumental in helping
    companies keep up with customers and their needs and interests.
    com is the premier social network for the over-30 crowd, and is the
    leader in implementing successful engagement marketing campaigns.

This will enhance the business’ reputation and credibility.
    Followers will begin to feel like they know you as an acquaintance, or a friend, which will
    make them much more likely to think of you when they or
    a friend require photography services. A planned approach towards SEM and
    SMM can save you a lot of time and money that can be invested
    in other crucial areas that facilitate the company.
    “You need to rely on each other for support,” he says.

4. July 15, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Often we hear experts on television that report some stock is likely to soar and
    now could be the time to buy. The the fact is, people join MLM opportunities as a
    result of who introduced them. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Housewarmings, Weddings, Baby Showers, Christmas and Valentines Day.

5. July 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Bulks in the advertisers are primarily private property owners, letting managers and property agents.
    Businesses will be to heavily dependant upon customers because of their survival, without customers a company
    would cease to exist. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Housewarmings, Weddings, Baby Showers, Christmas and Valentines Day.

6. July 18, 2014 at 3:58 am

It is usually at this point that the most junior member
    of the household suggests that maybe I should put more water in the bowl so that the plunger has half a chance of success.

It is said that it is useful in the opening of drainage in some cases.
    This can be an especially difficult task if you have
    oily skin.

7. July 24, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Be honest about what you don’t know, but make
    sure to point out all possible benefits to social media marketing.
    If you are looking to manage your online presence alone then there is always room for you to grow and learn something new.
    In case of any requirement, always consult with the consultancy for maintaining the
    competitive nature of your business. They’ll post tips about their products
    and how to use them that are probably useful to most of their customers.
    Go out and listen to people who you’re trying to reach. If you do decide to market your invention via infomercial, research and study infomercials that have been on the air a long
    time and take note of what these informercials do well.
    Look at what your secret questions are and see if
    it’s easy to find the answer; check if the information you’re putting online answers your secret question. Groupon is just the latest example of a business leveraging the power of social networking to insane levels of commercial success.
    1) GET A LIST: Our sample social media marketing plan begins with creating a list of 100 or more Network
    Marketing companies. Such post can lead the followers of that Fan Page to your site and increase your site’s traffic,
    and luckily, following readers as well.

8. July 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Replacing the wax ring is a lot less difficult and expensive than replacing the toilet, but if
    you have wanted a new commode, this is your chance.
    ” In little time at all, the completed washing was spinning away drying in the only dryer, I was standing under a well eared hot shower giving myself a good rubdown. Your time is valuable, so it doesn’t make much sense to spend all of it dealing with a plumbing problem.

9. July 31, 2014 at 5:38 am

Bulks from the advertisers are primarily private
    homeowners, letting managers and property agents.

This business will likely be operated from your owner’s home
    and is going to be done entirely about the internet. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Housewarmings, Weddings, Baby Showers, Christmas and Valentines Day.

10. July 31, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Using ingenious technology and innovation the Romans made an Empire that withstood the test of your time.

Businesses are going to heavily depending on customers for their survival, without
    customers a small business would cease to exist. it also can be employed for headhunting and employment.

11. July 31, 2014 at 10:01 pm

In the same sense, businesses would be wise to give
    their workers something to unite under. She invites you to definitely visit her site
    where she is going to share a proven strategy to start an web business.
    A well-developed business plan is similar to your blueprint for victory.

12. August 1, 2014 at 12:51 am

Read on to find the vocabulary you will need and links to sites with house plans.
    Cabinetry alone accounts for close to 50% of the total cost of the project – eating up half of your budget
    before you even blink. Basic Project Control and
    Communication Plan: The project control component explains the tools
    that will be used to assist the project manager in tracking the project’s progress.

13. August 1, 2014 at 6:10 am

Furthermore, my experience includes identifying
    the competitive advantage for a few different companies and crafting that advantage into
    a web marketing strategy to develop home based business.
    Each auction may be conducted having a different set of terms including bid increments,
    quantity of auction rounds and expense reimbursement to the stalking
    horse. If you’re still in a loss, you are able
    to contact the consumer care team either by email, live chat,
    or phone during standard west coast business hours.

14. August 4, 2014 at 9:42 pm

However, if you are remodeling your kitchen, you should preserve the originality of your kitchen and only apply essential components from the new
    layout that you have picked, this kind of as only including stools but trying to keep other things, or maybe only rearranging the placement of the components of the existing island.
    Patch Small Holes in Drywall Home Improvement Project.

Start an inspiration file and share it with
    your designer during your initial meetings.

15. August 6, 2014 at 12:29 am

There are also several mundane electronic items that should be added
    to a college dorm shopping list to make a dorm feel more like home.
    You also have to be at ease in your dress, able to glide down the aisle in it & look comfortable all day long.
    I picture a white light swirling around me, and see myself smiling
    and happy as I say to myself, “I am Happy, I am Healthy, I am Wealthy, I am Wise, I am Light, I am Love.

16. August 17, 2014 at 8:27 pm

If you have any questions pertaining to where and ways
    to utilize web site ( super fast reply ), you can contact us at the web page.
    The rhinoplasty surgeons India enhance the nose by reshaping it by using
    components like cuboids, gristle (fibrous) and a couple of fashioned elements as
    well. You also need to think about the recovery
    process and the ways it might affect your daily life
    and work.

17. August 19, 2014 at 7:01 am

A thorn on your wealth transfer to your next generation.
    Of course, it spirals from there if you have 1099 income
    or use additional schedules, such as income from
    a business, like Schedule C. Forums are a
    great place to market as in general they are based
    around a niche so all of the people will be interested
    in the same types of things.

18. August 23, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Figure out whether your home business idea is workable.
    You also need to choose a professional domain host.
    So an employee’s birthday is a great opportunity for a company to show they appreciate and recognize all their
    hard work over the past year by giving them business gifts.

19. August 23, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Stunning quest there. What occurred after?
    Take care!

20. August 26, 2014 at 1:48 am

Taking medicaltions or birth control pills will not effect pregnancy tests, unless of course your medication contains h
    – CG. This is the opposite of other programs,
    in which ads must specify “results not typical. s better not to test instead of wasting your health insurance and money on these fake, choose nothing diets.

21. September 12, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Amazing blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost
    on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally
    overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

22. September 27, 2014 at 12:58 am

Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more
    from this website, and your views are good designed for new
    people.

23. October 4, 2014 at 3:40 am

Appreciate your other sorts of fantastic write-up neobux strategy. The spot altogether different may just everyone have that kind of details in these the best way of creating? I own a speech pursuing 7 days, that i’m to the hunt for similarly info.

24. December 1, 2014 at 4:42 pm

This page certainly has all of the information I wanted about this subject and
    didn’t know who to ask.

25. February 4, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better!

Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!

He continually kept talking about this. I most certainly will forward this post to him.
    Pretty sure he’s going to have a great read. Thank you for
    sharing!

26. February 13, 2015 at 3:09 pm

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we communicate extra about your post
    on AOL? I require a specialist on this space to unravel my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Having a look forward to peer you.

27. April 12, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the
    challenges. It was really informative. Your site is very helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

28. April 14, 2015 at 5:27 am

A pick numer of reviewers were loaned aan Apple Watch for a week.

29. April 27, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Fabulous, what a web site it is! This web site provides valuable information to us, keep it up.

30. May 16, 2015 at 12:57 pm

As an outcome, illnesses can be detected and definitely will be treated at an earlier stage
    just before them getting even worse.

31. May 23, 2015 at 7:12 am

Great post. I’m facing some of thesee issues as well..

32. May 24, 2015 at 10:39 am

Highly energetic article, I likedd that bit. Will there be a part 2?

33. May 25, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Greate article. Keep posfing such kind of
    information on your site. Im really impressed by it.

Hi there, You have performed an excellent job.
    I’ll definitely dighg it and ffor my part recommend to myy friends.
    I’m sure they will be benefited from thhis site.

34. May 26, 2015 at 7:13 am

Thasnk you a lot for sharing this with alll folks you
    really realize what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked.
    Kindly additionally cknsult with my site =). We can have
    a link chaange contract between us

35. May 28, 2015 at 11:09 am

Have you ever considered creating aan eboook or guest
    authoring on other websites? I have a blo based on the same ideas you
    disscuss and would lolve to have you share some stories/information. I know
    my viewers would enjoy your work. If you’re even remotely interested,
    feel free to send mme ann e-mail.

36. May 30, 2015 at 12:44 am

This is the perfect blog foor anybody who hopes to find out about this topic.
    You know so much its almost tough to argbue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You definhitely put a fresh spin on a topic that has been written about for a long time.
    Great stuff, just excellent!

37. June 1, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Hello there! Thiis article couldn’t be writtn any better!
    Looking thrugh this article reminds me of my previous roommate!

He continually kept talking about this. I aam going to send this information to him.
    Pretty sure he’s going to have a good read. Many thaanks
    for sharing!

38. June 3, 2015 at 10:42 am

Because the admin of this website is working, no doubt very rapidly it will be
    famous, due to its feature contents.

39. June 7, 2015 at 6:40 am

We stumbled over here different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over your
    web page again.

40. June 8, 2015 at 12:48 am

I am genuinely glad to glance at this weblog posts which includes plenty
    oof valuable data, thanks for providing these statistics.

41. June 11, 2015 at 2:53 am

I just couldn’t go away your site prior to suggesting that I actually loved the
    standard info an individual supply on your visitors? Is gonna be again regularly in order
    to check up on new posts

42. June 11, 2015 at 8:02 am

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching
    for hvac systems

43. September 24, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Just wish to say your article is as amazing.
    The clearness to your submit is just cool
    and that i can suppose you’re knowledgeable in this subject.
    Well along with your permission let me to snatch your feed to
    stay updated with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and
    please keep up the gratifying work.

44. December 6, 2015 at 3:09 pm

magnificent issues altogether, you simply won a brand new reader.

What may you recommend about your publish that you simply made some days ago?

Any sure?

45. December 6, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I believe what you said made a bunch of sense. However, what about this?

what if you were to write a awesome post title? I am not suggesting your content is not solid, but
    what if you added something that makes people desire more?
    I mean Engineering for Change | From the Editor’s Desk is a little
    plain. You ought to glance at Yahoo’s home page and see how they create article headlines to get viewers interested.
    You might add a related video or a pic or two to get people excited about everything’ve written. Just my opinion, it might make your posts a little bit more interesting.

46. December 7, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Yes! Finally someone writes about teaching technology.

47. December 25, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Hello, this weekend is good in support of me, because this point in time i am reading this impressive informative
    paragraph here at my home.

48. June 26, 2016 at 12:08 am

I think this is among the most vital info for me.

And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really great : D.
    Good job, cheers